Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Food Thoughts and Taco Pie

So, I realize that most of my posts have been about food lately. I was contemplating this, and I think there are a couple of reasons for this. One, I'm nursing my two month old, actually, I've been pregnant and/or nursing for over two years now. What I'm trying to say is, it takes a lot of calories for my 5' 1", 105 lb. frame to keep up with all this baby growing and feeding, so food has been extra important to me. Second, I enjoy feeding my family. It is something that I can take pride in, and since it is something that has to be done, I try to have fun with it. Also, it is a chance for me to be creative. There isn't a whole lot of time for other creative pursuits right now...

Anyway, here is another recipe! I made this last night. My family loves tacos, and this is a little easier than assembling everyone's individual tacos.


Taco Pie
(or Taco Lasagna, if you will)
1 lb. ground beef
salt and pepper
about 1 T. cumin
about 1 T. chili powder
about 1 T. dried minced onion
1 8oz. can tomato sauce
6 flour tortillas, soft taco size
8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese, or Mexican mix shredded cheese
Season beef with salt and pepper, brown in a skillet and drain. Back in skillet mix cumin, chili powder, minced onion, and tomato sauce with beef. Heat through.
In a deep, round casserole dish layer a tortilla, spread about 1/3 cup meat mixture on top, and sprinkle on about 2 tablespoons cheese. Repeat about five times until you reach the top of the dish, ending with meat and cheese.
Bake in 350 degree oven for 20 min. Slice like a pie and serve with your favorite taco toppings.
Well, I hear my little miss waking up...time for another feeding...

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Tacos are one of our favorite meals here. I'd love to try this twist on a weekly dish!

Simply Stork said...

yum taco pie :o)

~simply~

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin