Friday, August 14, 2009

Home

We are home.

We were away for a whopping five weeks! It was a long time to be away, but it was nice to have time to see friends and family more than once and get some time to relax and enjoy the summer up in our old stomping grounds. We played at the lake, the park, various Grama's houses.
We visited with friends, cousins, aunts, uncles, Gramas, Grampas and Papas.
We met Smokey.



We boated, floated, picnic-ed, and barbecued. We went though lots of sunscreen and flip flops.

We got new teeth.
Not that you can see them in this photo...

And we experienced a few firsts.

We had a great time.

But it's so nice to be home.

Now the school year is just around the corner, but we are going to try to squeeze in a little more summer magic.


Side note:
I am in the process of assessing my purpose here on this blog. I'm contemplating different directions that I want to take. I want to be more consistent with posting. So, if anyone is out there, if anyone is reading, please don't give up on me. I will be back soon!

3 comments:

Sally said...

Welcome back Jen and great photos! Yes, please post more... I always read it. :)

Sarah said...

I am soo glad that I got to see you and the kids. It was so much fun and I hope we can do it again next year.

Andrea, the little collector said...

Welcome home! Just got back from a long vacay myself. It is so nice to have time with family, isn't it? Looking forward to seeing where your little blog takes you.

cheers!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin