Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day

We had such a great day. Finally, the weather has been improving, and yesterday was the best day so far. Blue skies, sunshine, not windy.
We spent the day at my sister's with my dad. She lives above a lake on some wooded property, so the setting was just perfect. The kids ran around, dug for worms, jumped in the sprinkler, and had a great time. The babies (her daughter is one month older than my son-who will be one this Saturday!) played with the ice in the drink bucket, crawled and toddled around, and sat on laps. The dads relaxed, joked, talked truck, and enjoyed themselves. My sister and I prepared the meal (with the exception of the yummy ribs, which her husband was in charge of), ran after kids, and chit-chatted. We all had a great time.

Our menu:

Barbecued Ribs
Cedar Plank Salmon
Corn on the Cob
Baked Beans
Watermelon
Strawberry Lemonade

and for dessert:

Grasshopper Pie
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie (with vanilla ice cream, of course)

It was all simple, messy, and so good.
I wish I had pictures of our day. I guess I was too busy chasing kids, applying bug repellent and sunscreen, and eating!

And now for another day in the sun...we are off to my mom's lake place for the day!
I just love summer.

1 comment:

April said...

It sounds like a simply wonderful day, Jen. Have a lovely today also (And congrats on that little one's birthday!)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin