Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Summer Lists

I love lists. I love getting all the ideas and thoughts that swirl around in my head into nice, neat, orderly lists. As I've been waiting for real summer weather to arrive (come on, it's been cold and rainy for a week), I have created pages of them. Thought I would share some. (I don't know about you, but I also love reading other peoples lists.)

Summer Reading List:
(sorry, I don't have the time to link all of them)

For me:

Rose Cottage by Mary Stewart

Elizabeth and Her German Garden by ??

Mittenstrings for God by Katrina Kenison

Gift from the Sea (again) by Anne Morrow Lindbergh

The Long Fatal Love Chase by Louisa May Alcott

(If I have the time, I'm sure I'll add to the list)

For the girls:

The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall

Pipi in the South Seas by Astrid Lindgren

The Worry Week by Anne Lindbergh

Betsy-Tacy by Maud Hart Lovelace

And-one of the Boxcar Children books, a summery one, and I'm trying to find something by Enid Blyton, because I keep seeing her name pop up and the books sound great.

Summer Kitchen:

Clean thoroughly
Organize cupboards
Grow herbs in windowsill
Stock baskets with fruit
Stock freezer with kid-friendly ice-packs and homemade popsicles
Set up a vinaigrette making station on counter with vinegars, olive oil, shallots, garlic, and lemons
Get grill ready: clean, refill tank
Set out juicer and blender

Summer Car:

Clean (!)
Stock with:
-hand wipes
-paper napkins
-snacks: granola bars, fruit bars, graham crackers
-band aids and alcohol wipes

Store in back:
-big blanket
-stroller
-extra diapers
-beach bag with towels and life jackets
-toys and games for long trips




Summer Outings:

beach (at a local lake)

Grama's lake cabin (That's Grama Jo, above, with my five year old)

my mom's lake house (I know, aren't we lucky!)

parks

Riverfront Park (has rides, a carousel, large fountain to run through)

walks
play days at friends' houses
berry picking at local farms
free children's movie mornings (at a local theater)

Summer stuff to do @ home:

be outside as much as possible
make playdough
crafts
read (together and alone)
paint outside
make a tent in the backyard
tend the garden
water table
mud pies
barbecues and s'mores
run through the sprinkler
ride bikes

Okay, now I'm excited, yet exhausted. I need to go curl up with a book. But a dirty house awaits...
Lists are nice, but they don't really get anything done!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I love your summer lists. Only two more weeks of school then summer will start for me! I need to get started on my summer lists now that I've read yours...they are inspiring me to get ready for summer!!!

Maymomvt said...

I like your lists. I also like to mak e them. Have fun with all your reading!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin