Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Peonies in a Jar



Aren't they gorgeous? Only one of my five peonies have any signs of bud or flowers. I'm not sure what's wrong with the rest. They bloomed wonderfully last year. I'm not letting these go to waste. I might have to carry them with me where ever I go around the house today.

On another note, my sweet little man is turning ONE on Saturday! We are planning a backyard barbecue/picnic with family and friends. Everything is planned out except for his birthday cake. We have a tradition in my family that birthday child gets his/her very own cake on their first birthday. It's a great photo op as they either tuck in enthusiastically or gingerly sample this strange new treat. Well, I've been trying to come up with a fun, summer picnic themed cake to make for my boy. I haven't hit on one I truly love. So far I've thought of a bumble bee, a beach ball, or a sail boat cake. I can't decide for sure, and I need some input. If anyone out there has a good cake idea, please leave a comment or email me. I'd really appreciate some more ideas.

And this little sleeping surfer dude really needs a fun cake!

Doesn't he look comfy!

Now, I'm off to read, by myself, out in the sunshine.

(Well, after I throw in one more load of laundry, that is.)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Here is a great site for cute cakes. Sally made the pirate ship cake last year for Spencer.
http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/cakescupcakes

Good Luck

Sally said...

Yes, the pirate ship cake was fun. Good luck deciding for your sweet surfer boy! Such a cute photo!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin