Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A Wife

"Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.
She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life."
Proverbs 31:11-12
Words to aspire to. Will I ever be there? With three children and one more on the way, it is hard to put our relationship first. Except for our first month of dating, there has always been a kiddo in the equation (because of my foster-then-adopted daughters). We've only been married two years--our anniversary was on Monday!--and those years have been very busy in the kid/baby department. So this part of my "job" feels a little neglected.
As a wife I want to:
-support and encourage my husband in his job and in his roles as husband and father
-listen to him, respect him
-communicate my needs to him in a rational manner (um...this is a hard one for me! I forget I have needs until one day fall apart-not exactly healthy communication!)
-be frugal with our household budget
-take care of my appearance-make an effort to look nice
-create a calm, comfortable, beautiful home for him to come home to
-be a partner with him in raising our children
That's my list so far, I'm sure I'll think of more things to add as time goes on, but here is where I'm at right now.
Coming soon: my lists for Mothering and Housekeeping. And I'd better throw in Taking Care of Myself or I won't be able to do all those other things! That's tough one, a hard list to write, but important, I'm starting to realize!
Have a great October day!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Happy belated anniversary! I am enjoying your lists- they are so perfectly written!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin