Tuesday, April 1, 2008

101 Things in 1001 Days

My cousin Sarah did this on her blog. I've been trying to make up my own list. It's taken a few days to think of 101 things to do. I love lists, but don't always finish them. Maybe sharing my list and posting about things as I do them will be incentive to keep going.


1. Grow our own organic produce

2. Fix up both bathrooms: paint, flooring, decor

3. Start making healthy breakfasts for the family

4. Get photos printed and in albums or photo books

5. Paint kitchen cupboards and replace knobs

6. Learn to embroider

7. Learn to knit

8. Send birthday cards to family members

9. Get into daily chore routine

10. Start a gratitude journal

11. Read Stepping Heavenward

12. Pretty-up broom closet: paint, organize with nice storage containers

13. Baby proof house

14. Make freezer jam with organic strawberries (homegrown or u-pick)

15. Preserve fruits and veggies this summer and fall

16. Make homemade ice cream

17. Make more meals from scratch

18. Go on an inexpensive family vacation

19. Go camping

20. Make a photo book for baby's first year

21. Learn to be more frugal

22. Plant a sunflower house for girls

23. Read/research about sensory processing disorders (to help my 5-year-old)

24. Create a serene, peaceful home

25. Get rid of STUFF, keep only the useful and beautiful, preferable things that are both

26. Cut out the junk food in my diet

27. Fit in time to be creative everyday

28. Cherish my children everyday

29. Love my husband everyday

30. Choose joy everyday

31. Train up my children in the way of the Lord

32. Play with my girls more

33. Practice my cartwheels!

34. Teach 5-year-old to swim

35. Teach 9-year-old to dive

36. Invite my dad and step-mom over for dinner more often

37. Invite friends over for dinner

38. Have many backyard BBQ's

39. Make homemade lemonade

40. Get up before kids in the morning for quiet time

41. Write a children's story

42. Illustrate a children's story

43. Go to Maryjane's Farm

44. Grow great swaths of lavendar

45. Make lavendar sachets

46. Do more craft projects with girls

47. Kiss my husband everyday

48. Enjoy taking care of my family

49. Shop at second-hand stores for vintage treasures: linens, dishes, books...

50. Teach girls how to cook

51. Teach girls how to do dishes

52. Have another baby (6 weeks along!)

53. Bake lots of fruit pies this summer...can't wait for strawberry rhubarb

54. Experiment with creating my own recipies

55. Help girls to plant their own gardens

56. Eat more fruits and veggies everyday

57. Bake my own bread

58. Wardrobe overhaul: get rid of out of date, frumpy, too big, too small...

59. Get some cute flats

60. Get some cute flip-flops

61. Get a hair cut I like

62. Find a way to add to our income from home

63. Take girls out for a Girl's Day once a month

64. Get together with my mom and sisters without kids more often

65. Have tea parties with my girls

66. Give girls more hugs

67. Schedule in mom-refreshing days once or twice a month

68. Go on dates with my husband twice a month

69. Go away for a weekend with my husband to the bed and breakfast where we got married

70. Start having Family Days: spend the day together doing something fun

71. Bake a cake from scratch

72. Eat more organic foods

73. Cut down on my sugar intake

74. Eat extra-healthily during this pregnancy

75. Stay fit during this pregnacy

76. Get all Christmas shopping done before baby is born

77. Find a larger car/van

78. Find a good Christian school for girls for next year

79. Make and freeze a variety of meals before baby is born

80. Wean my son (after 12 months)

81. Get my son to sleep through the night

82. Paint wicker chair

83. Create a nice relaxing patio: potted herbs, flowers, cushions for chairs, lighting

85. Go to farmer's market once a week this summer

86. Go huckleberry picking

87. Learn how to use more features on my camera

88. Make pasta from scratch with my new pasta machine

89. Find some new, fun, easy lunch ideas

90. Paint living/dining room

91. Frame and hang my children's black and white portraits

92. Learn to sew

93. Hang curtains in son's and daughters' rooms

94. Make and hang curtains in kitchen

95. Take more walks with my kids

96. Do nice things for my husband, just because

97. Keep a garden journal

98. Focus on positive in life, not negative

99. Be a role model for my children

100. Watch my words...confess truth, life, hope

101. BE the daughter of the King I'm meant to be

*OK, some of these turned out to be life-long ideals and goals, but I want to remember to work on them all the time. What did someone say about actions leading to habits and habits leading to character? Or something to that effect? I'll have to look that up.
In the meantime, my list awaits...

Oh, when will 1001 days be up? I really don't want to do the math, my brain doesn't work so well when I'm pregnant. Can anybody help? Let's go from March 15, that's about when I started writing the list.

3 comments:

April said...

Congratulations!! How exciting that #4 is on the way!

I thought that one of those said, "teach 9-year old to drive" and I was concerned for you. :)

Hope the pregnancy is easy!

Sarah said...

Jen,
Congratulations!!!!!! #4 WWWWOOOOOWWWW!!!!

Can't wait to see you this summer.

love
-sarah-

Jen said...

yippppppppp mommy I love you
your 9 year old
PS yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiipppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp hope its twins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin