Saturday, August 23, 2008

Hello

Just wanted to drop in for a quick "Hello." We are in our new state, our new town, our new house. Internet and cable were hooked up yesterday, hooray! I feel like I am slowly crawling out of the piles of boxes and am able to see some light ahead: a life that is not centered around moving.

The girls start school on Monday. No, I am not homeschooling this year. With moving and having a new baby and a toddler to care for, I just knew that I wouldn't be able to give them the education they need (not to mention the structure and routine). We found a cool public Montessori school that looks like it will be a great place for them.

I am by no means fully unpacked. Yeah, I think that may take awhile. A fourteen month-old who is now walking all over and loves to explore and get into things makes it hard to get a lot done at once. That, and being 6 months pregnant, doesn't leave me bustling about full of energy. I'll have to take it slow. But, at this point I feel like I can take few moments now and then to sit down at the computer or call a friend. Ooooh, and write a list or two, that always makes me feel better.

Hopefully, I'll be able to start posting more regularly now. And I can't wait to check in on all my favorite blogs...yipee!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm glad to hear you are getting settled and unpacking. When something big like a move happens I resort to maniac list-making, but it makes me feel much better. The public Montessori school sounds so interesting and exciting!

Sally said...

Glad you're doing well and checking in Jen! :) I wish I could come see your new place. It sounds wonderful!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin