Sunday, August 24, 2008

A Moment

I'm just taking a small moment for myself. I made a cup of Constant Comment tea, a buttery toasted bagel, then threw in a rice crispy treat for good measure. I sent the girls outside and little man is having his morning nap.

So, I've been checking up on a few blogs, and now I want to post something. But what?
Oh, I know, I've been wanting to remind myself of all of the blessings I have in my life. I started last night, laying in bed, not sleeping because a certain little sweet thing decided it was time for utero yoga or maybe she was practicing her backstroke. What ever she was up to, I certainly could not sleep with all the high-jinks going on in my belly.
Anyway, as I lay there, thinking of all the things I still needed to do in our new house, and feeling a little homesick, I decided to focus on the good stuff instead.

Here is what comes to mind now, in what ever order my mind thinks of them:

-a healthy family
-freshly painted kid's rooms (one buttery yellow, one 'vintage map')
-brand new carpet
-a laundry room right off the kitchen (instead of in the deepest, darkest corner of the basement)
-a pantry and fridge full of good food
-Internet access
-a loving husband
-relief at getting my girls into a great school (we started out on the waiting list)
-a huge yard with beautiful trees and lots of possibilities
-a new baby girl's arrival in approximately three months
-a house to decorate and make ours
-space for crafts and play
-the thought of fall--cooler days, soups and stews, baking...

Well, there are more, but duty calls, lunch time...

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I am so glad that you are back to bloggin'. I can't wait to see pictures of your new place.

Jessica said...

I just had a cup of Constant Comment- it is my favorite cup of afternoon tea! I love the list you've made-small moments of gratitude and thoughtfulness are so important. I'm looking forward to pictures of your new place, too!

K Marie said...

Jen I just love reading your blogs, It makes me realize how important it is to sit down and take a moment to reflect all of God's blessings he bestows on us when we are'nt looken. I'm so happy things are going well for you. I love the pics of the girls first day of school. U agree with Ari, her teachers hair is a little off. :) Love you all....Kim

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin