Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Home"schooling"

I have a teaching degree. I taught elementary school for 11 years, yet when I began homeschooling my girls, I couldn't do "school". The reasons for this are many and I won't go into them now, but sometime this year I found a blog with homeschooling ideas I love. This list was in a sidebar:

Six things to include in your child's day:

*meaningful work
*imaginative play
*good books
*beauty (art, nature, music)
*ideas to ponder & discuss
*prayer

Now, that's living, learning and loving. My kind of school.

2 comments:

April said...

I love her ideas, too. I think that list is just brilliant.

I'm glad to hear that even former teachers are uncomfortable with "doing school." I'm unable to conceive how that would work. Would you blog about how your day works -- or doesn't -- sometime?

Jen said...

April,
I'll try to post about our day soon.

Jen

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin