Thursday, September 25, 2008

First Days of Fall

Well, our weather isn't exactly fall-ish, but I have embraced this new season in the kitchen, at least. I've made curry pumpkin soup (which we thought was ok), vegetable beef soup (which we all liked), applesauce from our apples (very tart), and a batch of my Great Grandma Kelley's ginger cookies (which everyone loved). Tomorrow might have me whipping up our favorite potato corn chowder, we'll see if the mood strikes me.

We, well, really just the kids, have been enjoying the apples from our trees. Especially my little man. Here he is sampling from the apple bowl (I took these without a flash, cause the evening light was so nice, but they turned out blurry for some reason. However, I like how they look.)



Especially that last one. I like the light and the shadows. Kinda like impressionist paintings.

Here's to fall!

2 comments:

Sally said...

Pretty pictures Jen! I have a soup recipe for you... I will send it when I get a chance (who knows when that'll be)!

Simply Stork said...

oh I love it...he looks so cute!

~simply~

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin